SPEAKING PROFESSIONALLY TOASTMASTERS
First off, congratulations for committing to push yourself and grow your speaking to the next level.
Toastmasters International is the leading global organization helping individuals improve their communication skills.
We are the leading club to help you get PAID doing it. Members of our club are all focused on building a speaking business and earning PAID speaking engagements. As a member you're connected to others of like-mind who want to support you.
"A rising tide lifts all ships..."
To help aspiring and current professional speakers build a speaking business by providing practice opportunities, feedback and business education topics each meeting.
Speaking Professionally Toastmasters:
1. Membership with other like-minded speakers serious about growing their speaking businesses
2. Open to all levels and types of speakers
3. Speaking practice opportunities + additional speaking opportunities
4. Receive group feedback to strengthen speeches
5. Hear and learn from feedback given to others
6. Access to private Facebook page to engage with other members and request/share feedback
7. Receive 25 FREE speaking leads each month from my PAID Event Calendar
Speaking Professionally Toastmasters will provide you with safe, constructive practice opportunities in a peer group setting as well as business education to help you drastically improve your virtual speaking abilities and earn paid speaking engagements.
1st Tuesday of each month via Zoom --- copy and paste the Zoom url:
11:45am --- Pre-meeting virtual networking (optional yet highly encouraged)
12:00pm --- Welcome
12:10pm --- Takeaways, Questions & Comments from pre-recorded video *
12:30pm --- Breakout room presentations *
1:20pm --- Return to large group | Main takeaways
1:25pm --- Club business
1:30pm --- Meeting close
1:30pm+ --- Post-meeting virtual networking (optional yet highly encouraged)
* IMPORTANT: BEFORE EACH MEETING!!
1. Come prepared with a speech to practice.
Everyone has the opportunity to speak during our meetings in breakout rooms of 4-6 people per group. You are highly encouraged to have a 5-7 minute prepared speech. If you do not have a prepared speech, there will be a tabletopics impromptu for speaking practice.
2. Watch the pre-recorded video on a speaking business topic.
Before each meeting, there will be a pre-recorded video sent via email and posted inside our Facebook group. Our time during the meeting will focus on your questions and comments about content shared inside the video.
Click image to access our Facebook group.
Our Facebook group provides you access to:
- pre-meeting educational videos
- you posting videos and requesting feedback
- Call for Speakers announcements
- free training announcements
- engagement opps with other members
- seeking out a peer partner
- requesting feedback on any question
- post thoughts for the group
- ... and so much more!
We encourage you to work on a Pathway. Click here to log into your Toastmasters account to learn more.
Any business owner needs to make investments in their business ... and speakers are no different. Good news is that I've already done much of the heavy lifting for you so you don't waste time and money.
Your membership dues in SPT include over $5,000 in business building resources that I invest in every year and normally only share with my coaching clients inside "The Vault." I can't give away the entire "Vault" to you that includes templates and samples of everything I use in my own speaking business, so I'd encourage you to check out "The Vault" to learn more. However, I'm giving you access to a few of the gold mine resources you'll find inside!
Click red links below to access "Vault" resources included with SPT.
- provides you with association names and contacts and events for thousands of registered associations
- I've worked with several speaker agencies to compile a variety of PAID events that have previously hired speakers. You receive 25 each month but can upgrade to 50, 100 or 200 PAID events per month. Click here to access the calendar of events.
- provides you with previous recordings from NSA INFLUENCE conferences and a few more resources. A great way to observe other speakers, take notes and learn!
- watch recordings with numerous other professional speakers who are the experts in their field. Similar to "The Vault - NSA version," this is a great way to observe other speakers, take notes and learn!
I wrote a book that outlines my entire speaking business model - PAID to $PEAK: How to Become a Professional Speaker. Below I am sharing it with you FOR FREE so you can work through each Module and make it your own. I hope the Preface alone inspires you! Everything I know about building a speaking business is inside this book, step-by-step with speaker tips and examples and templates.
Samples and resources from inside the book
Watch the large group and breakout group portions of our monthly meeting!
Use a portion of your speech as a segment in your Virtual Speaking Demo!
Pre-recorded educational videos to watch before the meeting
Come prepared with questions based on the content shared in the video.
December 2020 meeting
January 2021 meeting
Feb 2021 meeting
March 2021 meeting
April 6, 2021 meeting
"Designing Powerful Presentation Slides"
May 4 meeting video prep
Have a topic you'd like to present for an upcoming meeting?
GREAT! Contact Kevin with your topic idea and description.
Zoom video trainings
As speakers, being comfortable and knowledgeable about navigating seamlessly through an online delivery platform is crucial. Zoom is a very common delivery platform and will likely be the one you're asked to present through. Zoom is also very similar to other platforms like Microsoft Teams, WebEx, Skype and others. You do NOT need to be a tech expert; however you do need to do you homework enough to be tech savvy ... they have made it very simple for you. Below are common tutorials.